Application for Project Funding
The funding application is processed in accordance with the Dispatch No. 273/2004 "Regulations of Fund Granting" approved by the Chief Executive. The applicant only needs to fill out an application form supplied by the Fund, and returns it to the Fund along with the information required in Article 6 of the captioned Regulations. Application is free of charge. The application form can be obtained through fax, download and photocopies are acceptable.
In accordance with Article 5 of "Regulations for Fund Granting". The subsidized amount is divided into two categories: not exceeding MOP$500,000 and exceeding MOP$500,000. The application for not exceeding MOP$500,000 can be submitted at anytime while the one for exceeding MOP$500,000 is open for application three times per year.
In accordance with Article 5 of "Regulations for Fund Granting". The subsidized amount is divided into two categories: not exceeding MOP$500,000 and exceeding MOP$500,000.
Targets for Funding
1. Local universities, colleges and their research centers;
2. Laboratories or entities engaging in research in Macao;
3. Local private non-profit organizations;
4. Macao-registered commercial enterprises and entrepreneurs engaging in research;
5. Individuals engaging in research in Macao.
Terms of Application
Applicant should state clearly the funding type and total amount required for the funding project. In accordance with Article 11 of "Regulations for Fund Granting", the funding types can be categorized into non-compensated and compensated type. The time frame of each project should not exceed three years. For compensated-type application, the compensation guarantee, the payback period and number of payments must be presented.
1. Funding Application Form * Funding application form (for Organization), identification information and related identification document (ID card) of the applicant(s).* Funding application form (for Individuals), identification information and related identification document (ID card) of the applicant(s).
2. Declaration of no tax liability to Macau SAR or proof of contribution to Social Security Fund: Applicant can fill out the "Declaration of no tax liability" form supplied by FDCT and submit it to the Finance Services Bureau, Macau SAR.
3. Reference letter or recommendation letter issued by prestigious entity in the field of science, technology and innovation development.
4. Other projects of the same applicant that is subsidized by public funding and other application information submitted for the purpose of applying funds which are waiting for approval (if any).
5. Identification information and resumes of the project team's key person-in-charge and members and details of their time allocation for the execution of the related projects.
6. Declaration of the related project：Applicant is held responsible for the trustworthiness of the submitted documents and should attach a declaration that the applicant is originator of the applied project.
7. In accordance with Dispatch No. 273/2004 approved by the Macao SAR Chief Executive, details of the project (proposal) as required in items 6 and 7 of Article 6 in Chapter 2 of "Regulations for Fund Granting", attached with a CD ROM or floppy disk.
Upon approval, the applicant is bound by Article 13 of "Regulations for Fund Granting", and should submit the progress report of the applied project.Should there be any enquiry, please contact the Science and Technology Development Fund. 。
Funding application form (for Individuals)
Funding application form (for Organization)
Guideline of Annual Report for Subsidized Project
Guideline of Final Report of Subsidized Project